The 700 Series VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator 5-Axis Inspection and Measurement Systems are the Perfect Solution for Checking EDM- and LASER-Drilled Holes and Slots
There are many reasons why the VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator is widely used by manufacturers across a broad range of industries (including aerospace and power generation) to check EDM- and LASER-drilled drilled holes and slots:
- Automatically verify hole presence & accurately measure hole location
- Supports both round and shaped holes
- 5 axes of motion (X, Y, Z, Rotary, Tilt) to properly view parts from all sides & angles
- Quickly, easily and accurately inspect 100% of the holes on your parts
- Robust shop floor design
- Can output the hole offsets which can be used to modify EDM drilling programs
- Mounting system allows your parts to go directly from the EDM drilling machine to the inspection system without re-fixturing (quick & easy and also minimizes stack-up error, etc…)
- The system can be supplied with the same working envelope as your EDM drill. If you can drill it, we can check it!
- Holes can be checked either one at a time, looking straight down each hole’s nominal axis (ideal for coated parts, to minimize errors due to coating thickness variations) or multiple holes can be checked at once, viewing them at an angle (which is even faster and well suited for uncoated parts or parts with a uniform coating thickness)
- The system has an extended depth of field, so that everything is perfectly in focus regardless of the part’s geometry (even in areas of very high curvature) as well as a very long working distance (so that there is lots of clearance between the part and the entire optical system to comfortably accommodate large and unusually-shaped parts)
- Extremely powerful „adaptive“ feature-detection software tools are able to accurately find and locate EDM-drilled holes on different surfaces, with different reflectivity, at different viewing angles, etc…
- Specialized software tools are especially well suited to deal with burrs and splatter
- Automatically create reports and collect measurements, statistics, images and other data for complete documentation
- Fast and intuitive „operator review“ mode allows the operator to quickly revisit out-of-tolerance areas, etc…
- The ideal system for inspection and measurement of cooling holes on aircraft engine and IGT (Industrial Gas Turbine) components (blades, vanes, heat shields, shrouds, etc.). Parts can be either (ceramic) coated or uncoated.
The VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparator 5-Axis Inspection and Measurement Systems are a very cost-effective, perfectly adapted solution for checking EDM and LASER-drilled drilled holes and slots.
Other VisionGauge® Digital Optical Comparators / Profile Projectors are also available.