Hamamatsu Photonics, K.K., headquartered in Hamamatsu City, Japan, enjoys a global presence with production facilities, business locations and associated companies located throughout Asia, Europe, and North America. The company is divided into 7 subsidiaries which are geographically-based and non-competitive. This web site supports the subsidiaries based in Europe and North America.
Our primary production and research facilities, located in Japan, consist of 32 main buildings comprising 177,975 sq. meters or 1,915,545 sq. feet. These facilities house our four product divisions, Solid State, Electron Tube, Systems, the Laser Group; and our research facilities.
- Solid State makes an impressive lineup of products which includes devices such as Photodiodes, Photo ICs, PSDs, GbPs devices, IR detectors and image sensors. These devices feature compact size and easy integration.
- Electron Tube Center, best known for its PMTs, incorporates a finely-tuned balance or optimum sensitivity, output, stability, and life into all of its products ranging from PMTs to lamps, Fiber Optic Plates to Sensor modules, and PET scanners to UV spotlights.
- Systems group creates a wide range of imaging systems used in a diverse spectrum of fields from semiconductor and biomedical to optical measurement and factory automation.
- Laser Group, newest division, produces CW semiconductor lasers, pulsed lasers, and high-power semiconductor lasers. Tested to specified standards, all of our devices are known around the world for their quality and consistency.
Behind this commitment to quality stands an equally important commitment to research. Hamamatsu is known for its research into both the basic and applied aspects of the science of light. Working in our labs and through collaborative partnerships with a variety of research organizations, Hamamatsu sees light and its research not only as a springboard for new knowledge and technologies but for the improvement of life itself. This philosophical commitment to research is backed by a strong financial commitment. Over a five year period the company’s overal ratio of R&D expenses to net sales averaged 13%. Current research efforts include:
- Optical computing that processes information in clusters
- Optical wireless infrastructures and contents
- The application of optical technology in biotechnology that is based on inter- and intra- cellular communication
- PET Systems for medical applications ranging from drug development support to diagnosis of senile dementia and other conditions
- Measurement of living organisms using the mutual interaction between light and living organisms
- Materials Research, research into the synthesis, breakdown and applications of new materials, for semiconductor lasers and the like
- True Health, measuring the physical fitn
Company: Hamamatsu Photonics GmbH Street: HAMAMATSU PHOTONICS DEUTSCHLAND GmbH Zip-Code: D-82211 City: Herrsching am Ammersee Country: Germany Phone: (49)8152-375-0 Fax: (49)8152-2658 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Homepage: http://sales.hamamatsu.com/en/products/system-division/cameras.php