Vision Dimension present VDCapX, a new DirectX™ Video Capture ActiveX™ Control
- Supports devices that are compatible with WDM/DirectX™:
- FireWire cameras (DCAM)
- all features of Sony Industrial FireWire cameras include register-access (Sony’s WDM-Driver needed)
- PCI, PC-Card grabbers
- USB / USB 2 cameras
- DV (digital video) devices
- TV tuners
- Single frame and image sequence capture
- Video and audio codec support
- Graphics and text overlay
- Capture AVI or WMV movies
- Broadcast Windows Media video streams over the network or to a WM server
- Video-conferencing functionality
VDCapX allows developers to easily add access to digital video capture cards and cameras to their applications.
- Create AVI or WMV video files
- Capture audio-only WMV files with optional compression
- PAUSE / RESUME while capturing
- WebCam functionality – Server-push webcam mode
- Motion detection with optional ignore-motion masks
- Broadcast live video using WindowsMedia format
- Easily create video conference applications
- Video compression on-the-fly using codec of your choice.
- Put text or bitmap on your video
- Live-video cropping
- control digital VCR (play, stop, record, ffd, rew,…)
- 32-Bit ActiveX Control (OCX) for Windows95/98/NT/2000/XP.
- VDCapX works with all apps and development tools that support ActiveX: Microsoft Office 97, Visual Studio, Visual Studio.NET, VB.NET, C#.NET, Visual C++, Visual Basic and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), J++, Visual FoxPro, Access97, Word97, Excel, Works 4.5, FrontPage97/98, Powerbuilder, Delphi and many more.
- Enumerate video capture devices
- Live video preview
- Custom text caption and time-stamp on video
- Video capture to AVI or WMV file with optional audio
- Grab a video frame into PictureBox
- Copy frame to the clipboard
- Save frame as JPG file
- Save images from standard PictureBox control into JPG file format.
- Has standard VB Picture property for easy access to video frames
- Optional time limit and frame rate for video capture
- Upload video frames using FTP or HTTP protocols
- Capture status info
- Build-in DirectX media player
- Setting audio and video formats
- Select video input channel to use with multi-input video capture cards
- Set video properties (saturation, hue, brightness, etc.) by code
- Single frame-by-frame capture to AVI file
- Horizontal and/or vertical flipping of the video stream
Many Streaming-Filters are included:
VDCapX works with any DirectX – compliant device. That means, if a camera has Windows drivers, it works with VDCapX. Whether you are creating a Web cam, a networked security application, a photo ID database, an industrial monitoring system, or a medical imaging device, VDCapX solves your need to grab and save those images and video sequences.
VDCapX can compress AVI files using video codecs installed in the system. To use DivX features, DivX codec must be installed.
Please have a look at our Download-Section, here you’ll find an application (VDCapXDemo) which demonstate some features of VDCapX. Also, you’ll find a 30 Day Trial for Developers, but remember, you’ve to register at first to login as registered user.
Contact: Vision Dimension Albert-Einstein-Str. 23 76228 Karlsruhe firstname.lastname@example.org www.vision-dimension.com